The Porto Leone Consulting LLC mission is to create and sustain meaningful business relationships with companies, accounting firms, law firms and valuation firms by providing quality, concierge-style valuation and cost segregation services. We seek to attract and retain associates with a passion for entrepreneurship and free thinking who want to be in charge of their career path, and who are motivated to grow themselves as well as the firm’s service offerings and geographical footprint.
Individuals interested in seeking employment with PLC should email resumes to Michele Kontos.
Property Tax Director
We are currently seeking an experienced Property Tax professional to start and grow a property tax practice and are offering equity in addition to a salary compensation.
- Sales and Marketing of property tax services
- Hire, train, and manage staff and oversee client services
- Carry out compliance filings, appeals, audits, and other property tax activities delivering administrative and consulting services in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to work remotely and build the practice, nationally
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of personal property tax experience
- Strong skills in technical, oral, and written communications, valuations, negotiations, organizing, and planning
- Knowledge of property valuations, assessment procedures, jurisdictional tax procedures, local market conditions, or any processes pertinent to property tax
- Personal property tax compliance and consulting experience is required
- Experience in establishing and using property tax compliance software is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Strong presentation, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated PC literacy in general business applications
Director/Manager, Cost Segregation
We are currently seeking a Director/Manager, Cost Segregation Engineer to augment our established Cost Segregation business and be part of our team. The position is for our Greater Philadelphia, PA and/or New York City, NY offices with the opportunity to also work remotely.
The daily tasks will involve analyzing all types of construction drawings, performing takeoffs, producing reports that support tax savings for our clients, and training/managing staff.
- Analyze cost and design, construction data, and drawings to determine appropriate classification of various assets and discuss appropriate design alternatives to help maximize tax benefits
- Develop an understanding of components eligible for cost segregation
- Accurately estimate quantities and costs of building components to be segregated
- Coordinate and collect information from architects, engineers, and contractors
- Prepare quantity take offs on wide range of commercial facilities
- Help produce and oversee production of reports and updates of analyses performed
- Research and gather information from clients and provide regular updates on project status
- Make site visits both locally and nationally to document extent of improvements
- Monitor staff performance to ensure their smooth completion of assignments
- Practice develop opportunities available
- Keep up with current trends and developments
- BA/BS degree in architecture, building construction, or engineering from an accredited college/university required
- 5-10 years of Cost Segregation experience is required
- Familiarity with construction design and construction processes. The ability to read, interpret, and explain engineering and architectural drawings is required
- Demonstrated ability to complete Cost Segregation Studies for multiple building types required
- Proposal and NPV analysis experience
- Site Visits
- Engineering cost estimate experience
- Excel/Data Analysis
- Report writing
- Demonstrated ability to lead/train/coach others
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate take off quantities, estimate the cost of construction, comprehension of construction schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sales experience a plus
Director/Manager, Real Estate Valuation
Porto Leone Consulting LLC is seeking a qualified Director/Manager to join our Real Estate Valuation practice. Our Real Estate Valuation team performs valuations for a variety of purposes including mergers and acquisitions, management planning, financial reporting, and litigation support. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex engagements. Experience in leading and developing staff and sales is a plus. A bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics, or accounting, a MAI designation, plus five to eight years of experience working with an accounting or valuation firm is required. Ability to work remotely and build the practice nationally.